[Nfbv-fairfax] Thinking about getting a dog guide? Fairfax Chapter meeting Sept. 17 6:30 PM

Cathy Schroeder cathy at sks.com
Wed Sep 9 21:09:47 UTC 2015

You are encouraged to bring your dog guide to this very informative chapter
meeting. Dog treats will be available.

Have you ever wondered if choosing to use a dog guide is right for you?  Are
you curious about how navigating with a dog guide differs from using a white
cane?  Do you have questions about how to get started with applying to the
many dog guide schools in the U.S., and what is involved in training as well
as daily life with a dog guide by your side?

If you have answered yes to any of these questions, then plan to join us at
the next Fairfax NFB Chapter meeting.

Annette Carr (a long-time friend of our chapter) will share her knowledge of
being a
dog guide user for over 31 years.  Annette is working on having a trainer
from the Guide Dog Foundation and America's Vet Dog Foundation join us that
evening to provides answers to questions beyond the users perspective.  If
you are interested in taking a "Juno Walk", Contact Annette no later than
Sunday evening September 13.  A "Juno Walk" is an opportunity for you to
experience being guided by holding on a dog guide harness while the trainer
simulates how a dog performs.  Depending on how many people are interested
in this opportunity will determine how it is scheduled before the meeting.

Annette's contact info is:
e-mail:  amcarr1 at verizon.net <mailto:amcarr1 at verizon.net>

We will be meeting at the home of Cathy and Fred Schroeder. Pizza is
available with donation.

We will start gathering at 6:30 PM and leave at 8:30 PM.

For the months of September and October of 2015, we will be meeting at the
home of Cathy and Fred Schroeder. Their address is:
9522 Lagersfield Circle, Vienna.
For information, call Cathy at 703.319.9226

John Bailey

President Fairfax Chapter

NFBV

John_bailey17 at hotmail.com <mailto:John_bailey17 at hotmail.com>