[Nfbv-fairfax] Thinking about getting a dog guide? FairfaxChapter meeting Sept. 17 6:30 PM

Cathy Schroeder cathy at sks.com
Wed Sep 16 01:49:14 UTC 2015

You are encouraged to bring your dog guide to this very informative chapter meeting. Dog
treats will be available.

Have you ever wondered if choosing to use a dog guide is right for you?  Are you curious
about how navigating with a dog guide differs from using a white

cane?  Do you have questions about how to get started with applying to the many dog guide
schools in the U.S., and what is involved in training as well as daily life with a dog
guide by your side?

If you have answered yes to any of these questions, then plan to join us at the next
Fairfax NFB Chapter meeting.

Annette Carr (a long-time friend of our chapter) will share her knowledge of being a

dog guide user for over 31 years.  Annette is working on having a trainer

from the Guide Dog Foundation and America's Vet Dog Foundation join us that

evening to provides answers to questions beyond the users perspective.  If

you are interested in taking a "Juno Walk", Contact Annette no later than

Sunday evening September 13.  A "Juno Walk" is an opportunity for you to

experience being guided by holding on a dog guide harness while the trainer

simulates how a dog performs.  Depending on how many people are interested in this
opportunity will determine how it is scheduled before the meeting.

Annette's contact info is:

e-mail:  amcarr1 at verizon.net <mailto:amcarr1 at verizon.net>

We will be meeting at the home of Cathy and Fred Schroeder. Pizza is available with
donation.

We will start gathering at 6:30 PM and leave at 8:30 PM.

For the months of September and October of 2015, we will be meeting at the home of Cathy
and Fred Schroeder. Their address is:

9522 Lagersfield Circle, Vienna.

For information, call Cathy at 703.319.9226

John Bailey

President Fairfax Chapter

NFBV

John_bailey17 at hotmail.com <mailto:John_bailey17 at hotmail.com>

703.994.2040

  _____

To unsubscribe, change your list options or get your account info for Nfbv-fairfax:
http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nfbv-fairfax_nfbnet.org/john_bailey17%40hotmail.com