[Nfbv-fairfax] Make transportation arrangements now for the Fairfax Chapter meeting tomorrow night

John Bailey john_bailey17 at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 20 10:49:59 UTC 2016

Hello All,

Our Thursday, July 21 meeting will be a bit different from previous meetings. The latest bit of tech that is the rage is the ORCAM. In short, a vision impaired person just points and the ORCAM reads it out loud.

When I say “reads it”, I mean menus, books, printed letters, signs, street addresses, newspapers, etc. If you can point to it, the ORCAM will probably be able to read it to you. And, best of all, the ORCAM is portable and nearly invisible while you are using it.

Would you like to enter a room and know who is already there? The ORCAM can tell you that too with a little preparation. I can’t wait to use one myself.

At our July 21 meeting, we will have a hands-on demo of the ORCAM at the Red Lobster where we all can give it a try. Make sure to mark your calendar to be there.

Want to learn more about the ORCAM? Check out the video link below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__qk7RX74r4

We start ordering dinner at 6:30 and the meeting runs till 8:30 P.M.

The address is:

Red Lobster

10325 Fairfax Blvd, Fairfax, VA 22030

Come for the biscuits. Stay for the meeting.

Please pass this message along to anyone who might be interested.

John Bailey

John_bailey17 at hotmail.com

703.994.2040