[Nfbv-fairfax] try out the redesigned Metro website and provide feedback before the site formally launches later this summer

John Bailey john_bailey17 at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 20 22:18:00 UTC 2016

Following yesterday's release of real-time train data to app developers, Metro General Manager/CEO Paul J. Wiedefeld today invited the public to preview an entirely redesigned wmata.com, which is entering the final stages of development.

For the first time in eight years, Metro is overhauling its website and, during a multi-week beta period, customers are being asked to try out the redesigned site and provide feedback before the site formally launches later this summer.

Nearly half of Metro customers visit wmata.com at least once a month to plan a trip, and 60 percent of those users visit the site via mobile device, a dramatic increase from just two years ago. To respond to this trend, the new website is designed to look great on today's smartphones and tablets, seamlessly adapting to the user’s environment based on screen size and orientation.

“Metro’s new customer-focused website builds on our commitment to being more accountable, clear and transparent with the way we deliver customer information,” said Wiedefeld. “The new site gives riders the tools they use the most, front and center, in a much more mobile friendly, easy-to-use format. We look forward to incorporating additional customer feedback as this final testing phase gets underway.”

For more information about the new website, please see the news release: https://beta.wmata.com/about/news/new-wmata-website.cfm

View new Metro website in beta form: http://beta.wmata.com