[Nfbv-fairfax] Fairfax Chapter outstanding program for March 17 at 6:30 PM

John Bailey john_bailey17 at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 11 17:16:50 UTC 2016

It is a pain not knowing how “accessible” computer equipment and software is. Too many times, we have tried some product that sounds perfect. Then, we find out it is perfect. But, only if you have perfect vision.

Also, have you seen the prices on those gadgets that are supposed to make our lives easier? You have to have 2 jobs just to afford them.

Fortunately, there are people who can help us find the right accessible tool at the right price. It is just a matter of getting in touch with them so that they can share their valuable knowledge.

 This Thursday, March 17, at the monthly meeting of the Fairfax Chapter of the National Federation of the Blind of Virginia, you will have your chance to meet one of those people. Chris O’Meely is a technology expert and he will be presenting a program that will help us to find and use more effectively those elusive got-to-have devices. Chris will give a short presentation followed by answers to your questions about hardware, software, mobile devices, and whatever. We start gathering at the home of Fred and Cathy Schroeder at 6:30 PM on Thursday, March 17. Our program starts promptly at 7:00 PM and we adjourn at 8:30 PM. No time for dinner? For a small donation, you can enjoy fresh pizza while  also enjoying Chris’s program.

For directions or to let Cathy know if you will be joining us for pizza (and what kinds you prefer), call her at 703.319.9226. A headcount for pizza would be much appreciated.

Cathy’s address is:

9522 Lagersfield Circle, Vienna.

 Her Home is near the Vienna Metro Station and Oakton High School.

Heads Up: The program for our April meeting is for anyone who would like to take the pain out of grocery shopping. There are several options to make it easier and chapter food expert Joy Relton will be sharing those tips.

Want to learn more about the Fairfax Chapter or want to join our newsletter? Email John Bailey at John_Bailey17 at hotmail.com for information.