[Nfbv-fairfax] Deferring on DBVI Pre-Employment Transition Services RFP but working to Build Programming & Partnerships

John Bailey john_bailey17 at hotmail.com
Tue May 31 20:13:22 UTC 2016

HI Virginia Federationists,

As mentioned at our May 7 Board meeting during the Virginia Seminar at the Jernigan Institute, Virginia Department for the Blind and Vision Impaired (DBVI) issued an Request for proposal (RFP) for Pre-Employment Transition Services. After many detailed discussions with our members and potential partners, we have decided to defer for this year. Instead, during this year, we  will develop some partnerships and pilot some expanded programming for transition age students. Michael and I are very appreciative of the great ideas and suggestions from Potomac and Fairfax members who wanted to contribute in this area. While we will not be submitting a proposal to DBVI, we believe we can pilot some programming in the next 12 months that will position us for delivering services supported by DBVI funding in coming years.

The call scheduled for Wednesday, June 1, is cancelled.

Tracy Soforenko

First Vice president, NFB of Virginia

Tracy.soforenko at gmail.com

202 285-4595

John Bailey
President, Fairfax Chapter
703.994.2040
john_bailey17 at hotmail.com

Chapter meeting location and dates
http://www.nfbv.org/chapters-divisions/fairfax/

Receive email updates on chapter activities:

Conference call info:
Phone: (641) 715-3286
PIN: 2 2 3 9 7 0#