[Nfbv-fairfax] Monday (1/30) Student Seminar as part of Washington seminar

John Bailey john_bailey17 at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 24 13:44:32 UTC 2017

Greetings Federationists and Students

As we get closer to Washington Seminar, I would like to take time to urge you all to try to attend the excellent student seminar that will take place on Monday, January 30, 2017. This seminar will allow students the chance to understand all the legislative topics being discussed at Washington Seminar and the position that the National Federation of the Blind will be taking this year. As a bonus, you will get a chance to hear from student division members and leaders nationwide about what AIMHEA means and how it affects each student in attendance. During this seminar, there will be a panel discussion with student division presidents (myself included) that have worked in Disability Student Services offices that will provide insight to how accessible materials play an integral part in the success of a student and the lack thereof plays a part in that student's inability to pass a class. All the information will be useful for both students that are advocating for themselves during the seminar as well as affiliate members that will be meeting with their elected officials next week.

The student seminar hosted by the National Association of Blind Students will begin at 10am sharp at the Holiday Inn Capital. To assure a seminar that will be ran per schedule, please preregister online at www.nabslink.org <http://www.nabslink.org> . If you have any questions about this seminar or other student events, please feel free to call me at 804 200 3275 or send me an email at rob.parso3389 at gmail.com <mailto:rob.parso3389 at gmail.com> . I look forward to seeing you all in Washington, D.C.

Best Regards

Robert E. Parsons Jr.

President

Virginia Association of Blind Students

National Federation of the Blind of Virginia (NFBV)

Phone: 804 200 3275