[Nfbv-fairfax] Announcing August chapter program : Having sighted assistance where and when you need it!

John Bailey john_bailey17 at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 5 22:12:11 UTC 2018

On the website for Be My Eyes (https://www.bemyeyes.com/) their motto is 'Bringing sight to blind and low vision people".

Be My Eyes is a free app that connects blind and low vision people with sighted volunteers and company representatives for visual assistance through a live video call.

At our Thursday, August 16 meeting, we are pleased to have as our speaker one of the volunteers from Be MMy Eyes and he will tell us about the application and about some of the people he has helped to navigate the sighted world electronically. Pete Hadley has been working with Be My Eyes for years and he can help us put the app on our smart phones too.
.

address
Where:

Red Hot and Blue
4150 Chain Bridge Rd,
Fairfax, VA

When:
Thursday, August 16, 2018. 6:30 pm (order dinner) till 8:30 PM
In the meeting room at the top of the stairs to the left.

Want more info? Contact John Bailey at john_bailey17 at hotmail.com<mailto:john_bailey17 at hotmail.com<mailto:john_bailey17 at hotmail.com%3cmailto:john_bailey17 at hotmail.com>> or  via phone at 703.994.204

free conference call number
6417153286,,23970#,,1