[Nfbv-fairfax] Can a leopard change its spots? Join us at Rita's this Thursday and find out

John Bailey john_bailey17 at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 16 11:50:52 UTC 2018

Can a leopard change its spots? Join us at Rita's and find out.

Not sure about leopards. However, I have met many many vision impaired people who learned that being blind or 'low vision'  didn't mean that they were doomed to live a life of lonelyness, poverty, and dependence.

I have seen it over and over again. Whether at our national convention or at local chapter meetings, people are finding out the truth about blindness and that they still have the option of living the lives they want.

Join the Fairfax Chapter at our second annual Rita's Italian Ice & Frozen Custard of Fairfax dream Making event. Why do we call it a 'Dream Making' event? Because the money we raise helps our community to realize their dreams of independence and being happy doing what they want to do and not handicapped by the low expectations of others. Below is the information. Join us this Thursday for the best in frozen custard and helping your fellow blind people to realize their dreams.

Where: Rita's Italian Ice & Frozen Custard of Fairfax, 10726 Fairfax Blvd, Fairfax, VA 22030
When: Thursday, July 19, 2018 anytime between 6:00pm - 9:30pm

Come in out of the heat and:
*             Test your taste buds with the mystery ice flavor.
*             Decode the ice flavors of the day written in braille.
*             Play a game of checkers, Tic-Tac-Toe or cards.
*             Of course, enjoy your favorite Rita's frozen treats.  A portion of all sales will support future activities of the Fairfax NFB Chapter.

Join us for a fun-filled and informative evening that support People who are blind
"Live the Life They Want"

To learn more about the Fairfax Chapter of the NFB:
http://www.nfbv.org/chapters-divisions/fairfax/

To learn more about the NFB visit:
www.nfb.org

For questions about Rita's Italian Ice & Frozen Custard contact Jacque at 703-272-7373