[Nfbv-fairfax] City motorcycle ride , Project Rise, and horseback riding planning meeting March 15.

John Bailey john_bailey17 at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 13 18:52:32 UTC 2018

Just a friendly reminder now to make your transportation arrangements for this Thursday!

Let's talk motorcycles, Project Rise, and horseback riding  at our Thursday, March 15 chapter meeting at Red Hot and Blue

For the past several years, members of the Fairfax Harley Owner's Group (HOGS) and the Fairfax Chapter of the NFB have partnered for one of our most popular programs. For the third time, members and friends of the Fairfax Chapter will be riding with the HOGS around the City of Fairfax  at a date to be determined. At our March 15 meeting, a representative of the HOGS will be telling us about the upcoming ride, informing us of how we can make this very exciting ride as fun as possible, and just shooting-the-breeze with us on how much fun both groups had on previous rides.

Once a date for the ride has been set, we expect a major turnout of people who will want to get their turn riding a Harley. Attending the meeting on March 15 will help you to understand the requirements of the ride and may help you to get a seat if we don't have room for everyone to take their turn experiencing the city from the top of a motorcycle. Make plans now to attend.

Want to see a video of our last event? Go to the below link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chk1hY-BC8M<https://eur01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3Dchk1hY-BC8M&data=02%7C01%7C%7C129680bbb79748c486ba08d581147ff7%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C636556847401132905&sdata=aWK0CIEFh5OKPHsMFUa%2FKBk8kE1NkZaeGz6Wqtc2zoY%3D&reserved=0>

Also at our March 15 meeting, Kathryn Webster is the President of the  National Association of Blind Students and she will be updating us on the progress of Project Rise. Project Rise is a joint program of the NFBV and DBVI to assist blind students to better transition into adulthood by teaching skills and presenting positive blind role models.  Lots of exciting stuff and if you are a blind student or a parent of one, you will want to be there.

Who likes horseback riding? The members of the chapter have been invited to a horseback riding camp this summer. At this planning meeting,  we will be determining interest and potential dates. For the event. Horseback riding is just a small part of the adventures they offer. And, best of all, attending the day camp is free for all ages! The only cost is transportation to Fredericksburg and the chapter needs to figure that out. If you like animals or just want to experience the great outdoors, you will want to assist us plan this exciting event.

address
Where:

Red Hot and Blue
4150 Chain Bridge Rd,
Fairfax, VA

When:
6:30 pm (order dinner) till 8:30 PM
Thursday night in the meeting room at the top of the stairs to the
 left.
Want more info? Contact John Bailey at
john_bailey17 at hotmail.com<mailto:john_bailey17 at hotmail.com>
Or, via phone at 703.994.2040