[NFBV-Fairfax] REMINDER - Fairfax Chapter NFBV Meeting, Nov 21, 7:00pm

amcarr1 at verizon.net amcarr1 at verizon.net
Sun Nov 17 14:12:08 UTC 2019

The Fairfax Chapter of the National Federation of the Blind (NFB) will be
meeting on Thursday, November 21, 2019 from 7:00pm - 8:30pm.  Those wanting
to purchase dinner can plan to arrive between 6:00pm - 6:30pm and join us
for networking and catching up with old and new friends.

Agenda and meeting information are provided further down in this message.

The meeting location is:

Red Hot and Blue

4150 Chain Bridge Rd,

Fairfax, VA

703-218-6989

(Corner of Chain Bridge Road & Judicial Drive)

We gather in the Meeting Room at the top of the stairs to the left.  If this
changes, restaurant staff will inform you of our seating location for this
evening.

For questions and additional information, contact Annette Carr,
amcarr1 at verizon.net <mailto:amcarr1 at verizon.net> , 703-915-2837.

Our topic this month will be fire prevention and safety.  A representative
from the Fairfax City Fire Marshal's office will talk to us about dealing
with a fire emergency, and tips for what you can do now to help you be
prepared in case of a fire.  We will also learn about the Fairfax City Fire
Department's strategic plan for handling emergencies when a service dog is
involved.  Even if you think you have heard all about fire safety and there
is nothing more to learn, please reconsider  and plan to join us.  We can
never be fully prepared for an emergency, but the more we are exposed to
what we need to do, the more prepared we will be.

Agenda:

.             Roll Call of Board members

.             Member and guest  introductions

.             NFB Pledge (See below)

.             Secretary's Report and approval of minutes - Jonathan

.             Treasurer's Report - Jay

.             January's topic:  Social Media

.             Holiday party discussion

*	Uno at Uno's Tournament recap
*	Chapter elections
*	NFB Coin Distribution to Fairfax members who paid dues in January
2019.

.             Evening's presentation - Fire Safety

.             Announcements & final comments

.             Adjournment

NFB Pledge

I pledge to participate actively in the effort of the National Federation of
the Blind to achieve equality, opportunity, and security for the blind;

to support the policies and programs of the Federation;

and to abide by its constitution.