[NFBV-Fairfax] Fairfax Chapter Board Elections Call for Nominations

amcarr1 at verizon.net amcarr1 at verizon.net
Sun Nov 17 23:56:52 UTC 2019

The Fairfax Chapter of the National Federation of the Blind of Virginia
announces our annual call for nominations for our Chapter Board positions.
All 6 Board positions are voted on each year.  We will hold our elections at
our January 16, 2020 meeting.  If you are interested in running for one of
the six positions, please read the below information and descriptions of the
duties and responsibilities for each position.  Contact Ashley Bramlet,
Nomination Committee Chairperson, bookwormahb at earthlink.net
<mailto:bookwormahb at earthlink.net>  if you are interested in running for a
Board position.

*	Any Active Member of the Fairfax Chapter of the National Federation
of the Blind of Virginia can run for any of the 6 Board Positions.  An
Active Member is one who has paid their Chapter dues for the coming year
prior to the elections for that year.  Our 2020 dues will be accepted up
until 7:00pm on Thursday January 16, 2020.
*	Consistent attendance at monthly Chapter meetings during the
previous year.
*	You can nominate yourself.
*	You can nominate someone as long as you obtain their consent prior
to the announcement of the nomination.
*	Nominations will be taken right up until immediately prior to the
start of the elections.

Fairfax Chapter Board Position Descriptions

*	President: oversees all chapter activities.   Facilitates and
coordinates a collaborative environment to support the work of committees
and the Chapter as a whole.  Attends monthly Chapter meetings and Chapter
Board meetings.  This position is the face of the chapter within the
community and at NFBV Affiliate Board meetings and events.
*	Vice President: Runs meetings when the President is unavailable.
Attends monthly Chapter meetings and Chapter board meetings.  Collaborates
with the Chapter President on Chapter business.
*	Treasurer: oversees all Chapter related money matters including
managing the Chapter bank account, disbursing Chapter funds as approved by
the Chapter, and keeps the President and membership up-to-date on deposits,
withdrawal, and account balance.  Attends monthly Chapter meetings and
Chapter board meetings.
*	Secretary: Takes notes during all meetings.  Maintains documents and
records related to Chapter business.  Attends monthly Chapter meetings and
Chapter board meetings.
*	General Board Member (2 positions): Contributes to decisions related
to Chapter business and mattered handled by the Board.  Attends monthly
Chapter meetings and Chapter board meetings.