[Nfbv-historic-fredericksburg] A Terrible Loss to our Chapter

Holly Frisch Holly at volunteersfortheblind.org
Mon Jun 27 13:34:02 UTC 2016

I am profoundly sad to tell you Greg Ehrmann died Friday from an unexpected brain aneurism.  He had been struggling to recover his health after a successful liver transplant earlier this spring. He will be dreadfully missed by his wife Pam, four children including Chris, countless foster children who found safe harbor in his home, and other family members who live outside our area.

Greg loved his family, his country which he served honorably, his dogs, music and history.  Until illness made it impossible, Greg was an active chapter member.  He was our chapter treasurer in 2013.  Shortly before entering the hospital for his liver transplant, he fully and enthusiastically participated in our Walk With the Blind.  In addition to taking the walk with us, he organized his family members and spent an entire day collecting gift certificates for us. He was always ready to go out of his way to provide transportation to and from chapter meetings for anyone who needed a ride, even on days his work schedule left him extremely little time to accomplish this.  He enriched the lives of his family, friends, acquaintances, colleagues and everyone in our chapter.  Please keep his entire family in your thoughts and prayers.

There will be a viewing  Thursday evening at Mullins and Thompson funeral home in _STAFFORD_.  The funeral will be there Friday morning at 11:00.  This information will also be available on the Mullins and Thompson web site.  Burial will be at 1:00 in the Quantico cemetery.