[Nfbv-historic-fredericksburg] Error

Holly Frisch Holly at volunteersfortheblind.org
Fri Dec 8 03:49:01 UTC 2017

This is the complete and correct message I intended to send.  I urgently request everyone's presence at Saturday's holiday party/annual meeting.  This is when we hold elections and we are constitutionally prohibited from doing so without a quorum.  In our case, a quorum means 10 members who have paid their dues.  In other words, they must pay their $5 before the voting portion of the meeting begins.

The extremely capable nominating committee, under Leon Anderson's chairmanship, successfully created most of the slate.  However, a few positions remain without candidates.  This means nominations will be from the floor.  While the nominating committee was working, it could not select its own members to fill positions.  However, with only two exceptions, any member can be nominated from the floor, run for office and serve if elected.  All voters, officers and board members must be current in their dues payments.   Our chapter Constitution requires _THE PRESIDENT AND VICE PRESENT MUST BE BLIND! Please come vote in an outstanding 2018 leadership team.