[Nfbv-historic-fredericksburg] minutes from 3.17.18

Holly Frisch Holly at volunteersfortheblind.org
Mon Mar 26 02:15:42 UTC 2018

From: Traci Jones <moonryn at gmail.com>
Sent: Sunday, March 25, 2018 6:54 PM
To: Holly Frisch <Holly at volunteersfortheblind.org>
Subject: Re: minutes from 3.17.18

NFB of Historic Fredericksburg 3/17/18
There were 6 members present: Holly, Jody, Ray, Hannah, Chris, and on the phone - Traci
Hannah’s swim team made a generous $300 donation to the chapter which will go toward our Walk With the Blind April 21.
We had 2 visitors: Joyce and Carl from Colonial Beach.
The NFB has instituted a Code of conduct which all officers must sign.  Within this document are some important notions including that we are a community of friends.  There are stipulations about conflicts of interest and diversity that are hallmarks of the NFB.  Unfortunately, some members are not in agreement.
We then discussed NFB Newsline which is where we accessed and listened to the most recent presidential release.
Our next state board meeting,  where the Code of Conduct will  come up for a vote, is May 19.  We must elect a new delegate because Michael Kasey resigned not only from that position but also as chapter vice president.  Paddle with the Blind is scheduled the same day. We will need to cancel if not more than 4 people register.
As previously stated, our Walk with the Blind will be April 21.  This is the chapter’s only annual fundraiser.  There is a lot to do to raise enough money to offset the costs associated with the state convention we are hosting this year.  Everyone must do his/her part.
the State Convention will be the last weekend in October or first in November in Fredericksburg.  Vendor tables will probably be available for about $50 a table.  They will be set up on Friday from 12 – 5.
The National Convention is scheduled July 3-8.