[NFBV-Historic-Fredericksburg] CRIER December 04th

rtbyrne at aol.com rtbyrne at aol.com
Sat Dec 28 20:33:11 UTC 2019

HISTORIC FREDERICKSBURGCRIER – December 28th

Bon Jour my fellow Federationists. I hope your holiday wasand is a good one. I know that in my case it was a bit of a Dickens Christmas.As I listened to carols before mass I felt a bit sad as I remembered when  I was 5 or 6 and my sisters and parents werewith me. They have all passed away and it is a bittersweet memory. I then movedto Christmas present and thanked God for all my blessings. A great wife, 4children, 8 grandkids. And a great grand daughter. Added to all that are myfriends and the new friends I am meeting through the NFB. I think ChristmasFuture is looking good.

      I wanted topoint out that many people are making donations to groups before the tax yearends. If you happen to know Jeff Bezos, Bill Gates. A Dupont. Or one of theowners of the Mars candy family. Please suggest a donation to The HistoricFredericksburg Chapter of the NFB. It might be that you know a person or groupthat might be interested in donating before the year ends. A family fund that Iasked for a donation last spring just sent an additional $500.00 donation withoutme asking. You never know who might be looking for a place to donate. It doesnot hurt to ask and it might make them more aware of where they might do somegood.

     I hope you havefollowed my suggestion and listened to BlindAbilities.

The latest podcast is a bit long but it brings greetingsfrom people who have appeared on the show and it tells you where you can read theirblog or listen to their podcast. If you have trouble with the podcasts titles,go to BlindAbilities.com and read the show notes for the podcast.

     As I wrap thisup, I wanted to mention that I have signed up for the full AIRA service. I haveused the AIRA APP on my phone. That allowed me to use it for 5 minutes freeanytime or at designated AIRA hotspots. Now I will have the glasses andequipment needed to use it anytime. I plan to make them a part of an increasedwalking and exercise program.

Have a Happy and Safe New Year – Dick   804-238-5608