[NFBV-Historic-Fredericksburg] ios 13 and I-Phone

rtbyrne at aol.com rtbyrne at aol.com
Fri Oct 4 02:58:48 UTC 2019

HISTORIC FREDERICKSBURG CRIER – October 3rd

      I am sending outthis Crier in the hopes that I can help any I-phone users that are installingios 13 or thinking about upgrading to I-phone 11.

First – The new ios 13 has many good points but some othersthat you might find challenging. My go to podcast and website Blind Abilitiescovers many items pretty well. If you access the podcasts on Alexa or some otherdevice, look at the last three podcasts. If the website, check I-phone 101. Itshould help explain some changes especially typing. Check it out.

Second – The new I-Phone gets rid of the home button, whichkind of scared me. Wednesday Sue and I traded our I-Phone 7s for I-Phone 11s.The lack of a home button is different but we are getting the hang of it. SinceI use Voice Over, it might be a bit harder but I am getting there.

     The phone isfaster and Siri is quicker. There is some getting used to it but it comesquickly.

Third – Three years ago when we got I-Phone 7s, I did nottrade in my I-Phone 5-S. I gave it to Sue’s sister but she never used it. Shegave it back and I would gladly give it to a person who could use it as a phoneor mp3 player. It could be used to download audiobooks from BARD or Audible. Asa plus this mp3 player would have Siri. Let me know if you can use the phone.

      Have you madeyour convention reservations yet? I hope to meet you there.

Dick Byrne

rtbyrne at aol.com