[NFBV-Historic-Fredericksburg] FW: Electrifying Elections!

Holly Frisch Holly at volunteersfortheblind.org
Mon Oct 14 23:24:14 UTC 2019

From: Brittany Ingram <brittany.e.crone at gmail.com>
Sent: Friday, October 11, 2019 12:27 AM
To: Holly Frisch <Holly at volunteersfortheblind.org>; Tracy Soforenko <tracy.soforenko at gmail.com>
Subject: Electrifying Elections!

dear Fredericksburg chapter,

 I hope this email finds all of you well. For those of you who have not heard, the Fredericksburg chapter is holding its annual elections in October instead of December this year. This is due to a low attendance record the past two years in December .  furthermore, we are not meeting face-to-face this month. Both the elections and the October meeting will be held over a conference call.  so contrary to the subject line of this email, we will not be electrifying anybody, but we will be holding elections electronically.  and, as a bonus treat, the elections will be directed by none other than our affiliate president himself, Tracy Soforenko.

 on Thursday, October 17 at 7 PM those who are available or choose to do so may call into the conference line. See below for the number and entry code. If you will be unavailable to call in at this time, or feel uncomfortable in anyway sharing your vote  then you may email your vote to Tracy and he will include your vote anonymously to the final election count. If you choose to email in your vote, you have until 7 PM on October 17 to do so.  see below for Tracy's contact information.

But wait, I hear you say. We do not know who is running for which board position. Thanks to our hard-working nominating committee, we have you covered. Here is the slate for the 2019-2020 board nominees for the Fredericksburg chapter:

 President: Brittany Ingram
 Vice President: Jessica Reed
 treasurer: Dick Byrne
 secretary: Sue Byrne
 board member: Chris Ermin
 board member: Holly Frisch

 we need 10 chapter members to participate in the election to have a complete quorum and legalize the votes. We are aware that people are very busy, but we urge all of you to either  call in or email Tracy your votes.

 because this conference call will serve as our monthly October meeting, here is a brief summary of need to know information:

 first, we have polled all of the members in regards to meeting time and place, and the majority vote is to keep the meetings on Saturday mornings. Unless there is strong objection to keeping it on the third Saturday of the month,  all future chapter meetings will take place as previously scheduled. We will continue to meet at that central Rappahannock regional library located on Caroline Street in downtown Fredericksburg on the third Saturday of every month at 10 AM. For any member who is unable to attend due to transportation issue, we will have the conference call line set up so you can participate electronically. For those members who have prior commitments on the third Saturday of the month, please be assured that you are still very much a part of our Federation family. We will continue to send out our monthly newsletter to keep all of our members informed of chapter activities and discussions. Furthermore, we are in the process of putting together an excellent calendar of activities for the upcoming year; meaning that there will be plenty of opportunity outside of monthly meetings for member participation.

 Second, we are approaching a very special time of year for the NFB Virginia affiliate; state convention! Tracy Soforenko has set out a few brief summaries of various activities that will take  place at this year's convention located in Portsmith Virginia. For anyone who wishes to attend, there is still time to put in your registration form(preregistration is now closed.) and reserve a room at the hotel(reservations with group rate discounts are no longer available.) See a link to the registration form and hotel information at the bottom of this email.

 third, please start thinking about whether or not you wish to have a holiday party in December this year. A lot is taking place at the moment, but if you desire it, there is still time to ensure a Joyous  gathering before  The start of the new year. As for our November meeting, the agenda will most likely be a discussion on our next immediate steps as a chapter.

 again, a lot of exciting things are happening. Please make sure that your voice is heard in the upcoming election, and, that you communicate to anyone either on the current board or on the future  board any concerns, ideas, or questions that you may have. Let's keep moving forward and continue living the lives we want.

 sincerely,

 Britney Ingram

 conference call information:
 call in number 1 218-339-0926
 conference pass code  2019

 Tracy so Francos email address:
tracy.soforenko at gmail.com<mailto:tracy.soforenko at gmail.com>

 2019 Virginia state convention information page:
http://www.nfbv.org/convention