[NFBV-Historic-Fredericksburg] CRIER - December meeting

rtbyrne at aol.com rtbyrne at aol.com
Sun Dec 13 21:48:38 UTC 2020

HISTORIC FREDERICKSBURG CRIER- December 13th

Olla -my friends and fellow Federationists. Welcome to yetanother Historic Fredericksburg Crier. This Crier is partly in response to thegovernor’s request concerning gatherings larger than ten and also to  bring to your attention  a December sale that might interest you verymuch.

      I had hoped tohave a December 19th meeting at Brock’s, a local restaurant with alarge backroom where we could easily spread out and have a holiday celebration.After the governor made his announcement Friday the restaurant called and said theycould not host us. Could there be a plan B for next Saturday?

     Last month’smeeting was Zoomed from the library with only four of us in attendance due tohealth concerns by many of us. The same may be true next Saturday but there isan option. Holly’s office, Volunteers for the blind has a large meeting room anda couple of smaller rooms for drivers or overflow from the large room, ifneeded. We will use social distancing as best we can. If driver’s want, theymight go Christmas shopping while we meet.

     At the meeting wecan have holiday snacks and we could even cater a lunch, if those planning onbeing in attendance think it would be a good idea.

     Since we aretrying to be safe and compliant with the governor’s request, I am asking you tocall me or e-mail me by Thursday, if you are planning on coming. We do have totry to meet social distancing guidelines. If the number who call gets too big,I will have to close off the list of members allowed or put some members in anoffice. I am sure we can work out a wway to get together and still be safe.

     My cell is804-238-5608. My e-mail is rtbyrne at aol.com.

     Please let meknow if you are going to attend. The meeting will be zoomed wether we meet inperson or not.

     There is anexciting opportunity for those of you who use smart phones and the APPs theycan connect you with. ENVISION is an app that is an OCR, an AI, and a lot more.While you can use the camera on your phone to read your mail or a PDF on yourcomputer screen, it can do much more. If you choose to get the availableglasses, you can do those things and more using the Envision glasses andswiping on the glasses frame

During  December theyare having a 35% off sale. The APP can be downloaded free with a fourteen dayfree trial. You might want to check out the APP as soon as you can. Even if youdid a trial in the past, you can try it again for free.  Once again the APP is ENVISION.

     I hope to meetwith you on the 19th but if you can not make it, have a safe andhappy holiday season.

Dick 804-238-5608