[NFBV-Historic-Fredericksburg] Fredericksburg Crier

rtbyrne at aol.com rtbyrne at aol.com
Sun Aug 15 23:14:51 UTC 2021

Historic FredericksburgCRIER, August 14th

     Guten tag, my friends and fellow Federationists. I hope youand yours are all well and ready to get back to a more normal life. Our nextscheduled meeting is August 21st. I propose that we hold the meetingat Old Mill Park and enjoy a picnic while we are there. This would get us outin the fresh air and allow us to feel safer in the fresh air. We have reservedspace at the park already from 9 AM to 1 PM.  We will Zoom the short business meeting at 10AM. It will only last fifteen or twenty minutes. After the meeting we will finishsetting up the tables and begin our picnic brunch.

MissionBarbeque will supply pulled pork, pulled chicken, and sliced beef brisket with sidesof potato salad, beans with beef, and macaroni and cheese, corn bread halvesand slider rolls. The Mission Barbeque is sort of the main course; but we wantthis to be like a traditional family picnic where the folks bring a favoriteside dish and/or desserts to share. Hopefully we will have a great supply ofpies, cakes, cookies, and other items to top off our meal. Soft drinks andwater will be supplied by the Chapter. There will also be sturdy paper platesand utensils supplied.

The food willbe served buffet style with our sighted companions helping to fill our platesand get us seated.  This meeting is intendedto be a family affair and you and yours are invited to attend. Hopefully itwill be a great social event where our friends and family can interact. Our businessmeeting will be minimal and only consist of any pressing issue that has to be discussed.

I hope this isgoing to turn out to be a great Chapter function. It would help our planning abit if we had a pretty good idea of the projected attendance. If you and otherfamily members are planning to attend, please email me by Thursday, August 19.This will help us to make sure we have enough drinks and such. I know thingshappen at the last minute and plans have to change, so please let us know ifyou plan to come, but if something happens to keep you away that day, we willunderstand.

Dick Byrne

804-238-5608

rtbyrne at aol.com