[NFBV-Historic-Fredericksburg] Saturday Meeting Picnic

rtbyrne at aol.com rtbyrne at aol.com
Fri Aug 20 03:46:02 UTC 2021

SPECIAL HistoricFredericksburg CRIER, August 19th

Bonjour andwelcome to this special Crier. There have been a few changes to Saturday’sschedule since I sent out the last Crier. We will start setting up around 9:30 and hopefully begin our picnic alittle after 10:00.  Several of ourofficers will have to go to the library to fulfill our agreement withthem.  They will hold a mini-meeting whilethe rest of us meet at Old Mill Park and set up for our picnic.  After that short library meeting they willreturn to the Park.

As I stated inan earlier Crier, Mission Barbeque will supply pulled pork, pulled chicken, andsliced beef brisket with sides of potato salad, beans with beef, and macaroniand cheese, corn bread halves and slider rolls. The Mission Barbeque is sort ofthe main course; but we want this to be like a traditional family picnic wherethe folks bring a favorite side dish and/or desserts to share. Hopefully we willhave a great supply of pies, cakes, cookies, and other items to top off ourmeal. We will supply Coke, Cherry Coke, Sprite and Rootbeer and bottled water. Therewill also be sturdy paper plates and utensils supplied.

The food willbe served buffet style with our sighted companions helping to fill our platesand get us seated.  This meeting is intendedto be a family affair and you and yours are invited to attend. Hopefully itwill be a great social event where our friends and family can interact. Please comeand bring your family.  We will be out inthe fresh air and I believe most of us have gotten our shots. I look forward tohaving us interact again and maybe get a positive new year going.

Dick Byrne

804-238-5608

rtbyrne at aol.com