[NFBV-Historic-Fredericksburg] Shenandoah National Park

Michael Kasey michaelgkasey at verizon.net
Sat Apr 16 01:36:07 UTC 2022

Members,

We are planning a trip to the national Park.  It may be a day trip or have overnight lodging available.  A blind person is entitled to a free pass to use our National Parks.  A link below is provided by Jesse /Wilinski.

Please let me know if you are interested in a trip to the Valley. By email to me at: michaelgkasey at verizon.net <mailto:michaelgkasey at verizon.net>

Subject: Shenandoah National Park

Good Afternoon Michael,

   I have sent a request for someone to call me back for the lodges at the Shenandoah National Park. The lodges are a private vendor that operates in the National Park.

   I have spoken to Karl Rand at the Harry F. Byrd Visitor and he said that there are three ADA trails in the Big Meadows area of the National Park. Rose River Fire Road, Rapidan Fire Road, and Story of the Forest Trail. Rose River and Rapidan are gravel roads. Story of the Forest Trail is paved and a good chance to see deer.

   Karl Rand also said that Ranger Programs will begin in late May. We may request a special ranger program. Depending on early request and availability.

   I have a website for disability park passes or one can request one at Shenandoah: https://store.usgs.gov/access-pass.

   I forgot to ask about the two festivals that may or may not happen this year. It was cancelled for the last 2 years due to COVID.

   I was planning to take Jesse to the Shenandoah National Park this weekend before the quest for information. I can ask more when I am up there.

-Jesse Wilinski

--

Jesse Wilinski, MBA