[NFBV-Potomac-Announce] August Chapter Meeting

John johnh50 at verizon.net
Tue Aug 8 01:13:49 UTC 2017

Good Evening Colleagues and Friends,

The Potomac Chapter, National Federation of the Blind meets Thursday August
9 at St. George's Episcopal Church, 915 North Oakland Street, Arlington
Virginia, 7:00 PM.

We plan an exciting meeting.  We are having a detailed demonstration of the
AIRA system for communicating information to blind persons as discussed at
our recent national convention.

We are also going to discuss our 2017 State Convention to be held in
Northern Virginia.  It is time we begin planning for this exciting event.

I am sending a fairly comprehensive list of chapter responsibilities in a
few minutes.  Tracy, Joe Orozco and I developed this.  I will send it as a
separate email.  Other local chapters have agreed to work with us in
preparing and conducting the convention.

We will also,discuss our recent national convention and our BELL programs.

We will have our usual philosophy discussion and snacks.  I am looking
forward to seeing everyone on Thursday.

John Halverson, Ph.D., President

Potomac Chapter