[NFBV-Potomac-Announce] January 2017 Potomac Chapter Meeting

John Halverson johnh50 at verizon.net
Tue Jan 10 23:45:12 UTC 2017

Colleagues and Friends:

The Potomac Chapter National Federation of the Blind is holding its January
meeting Thursday, January 12, at St. George's Episcopal Church, 915 North
Oakland Street, Arlington, Room 114.  It is just one block from the Virginia
Square metro station.  Below find directions.  Nancy tells me that all
construction is completed and we are able to enter through the usual door.

We will discuss our exciting program on communication and networking to take
place at the Washington Seminar, Sunday January 29 at 3:00 pm.  The
announcement as shown in the Washington Seminar agenda is attached.  This is
a valuable program and I urge everyone to attend because  space is limited.
We are charging $20 for both seminars and $15 for a single seminar.  I am
giving a  shout out to Stephanie, Brian and Evelyn who made the initial
arrangements.  Much more  information to follow.

Our recent activities survey indicated that a  discussion of domestic and
international travel is of high interest.  Brian is presenting on these
topics at this meeting.

We will discuss a  membership seminar and a wine tasting.  Of course the
usual refreshments and philosophy discussion will

be offered.

If you have suggestions for the agenda, please let me know, by email by
Wednesday evening January 11.  My email address is johnh50 at verizon.net
<mailto:johnh50 at verizon.net> .

Please join us, we truly are a welcoming family.

Below find directions from the Virginia Square metro station to St.

George's.

John

Attachments

Here are walking instructions from the Virginia Square Metro to St. George's
Church.

1. at the top of the escalator make a u- turn and walk to the Corner of
Monroe and Fairfax Drive you will pass a fountain.

2. Turn left with Fairfax Drive on your right.

3.  After a short block you arrive at nelson Street.  It has a light but
little traffic.

4. Cross Nelson.

5. Continue along Fairfax Drive to the next street, Oakland Street.

6. Turn left.  The church parking lot is on your left. Turn left to the
door.

7.  There is a bell you can push if no one is at the door to hear your
knock.

8. If you arrive later than 7:15P.M. but there is no one at the door to
greet you and no one responds to the bell, please call Nancy at (703)
283-2524.

and she will come and let you in.  Please do not knock on the room 114
window to get our attention.

Nfbv-Potomac-announce:

http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nfbv-potomac-announce_nfbnet.org/sandyh50%
40verizon.net