[NFBV-Potomac-Announce] FW: Member Outreach Mini Seminar Programming Committee Conference Call

John Halverson johnh50 at verizon.net
Wed Mar 22 10:43:02 UTC 2017

Please join us.

John

From: Valdez, Evelyn [mailto:Evelyn.Valdez at va.gov]
Sent: Tuesday, March 21, 2017 3:15 PM
To: Stephanie DeLuca <stephanie.h.deluca at gmail.com>;
alexandera.castillo at gmail.com; joehobson at comcast.net;
tracy.soforenko at gmail.com; Deepa Goraya <deepa.goraya at gmail.com>;
johnh50 at verizon.net; brianrmiller88 at gmail.com; Sean McMahon
<sean.mcmahon.dc at gmail.com>; Sarah Blumberg (sarahblumb at gmail.com)
<sarahblumb at gmail.com>; arielle71 at gmail.com; amirhossein1 at gmail.com;
justinbchan at gmail.com; Nancy Yeager (nancyyeager542 at comcast.net)
<nancyyeager542 at comcast.net>; derekmanners at gmail.com;
jamesbaker782 at gmail.com; jsorozco at gmail.com
Cc: wilsonjm05 at gmail.com
Subject: Member Outreach Mini Seminar Programming Committee Conference Call

Good afternoon ALL,

I hope everyone is doing well. I am reaching out to you because either you
are part of our programming committee or I am seeking your talent/creativity
to assist in the organizing of our upcoming Member Outreach Mini Seminar to
take place on Saturday, April 1, 2017 at the Halversons home from
1:30-4:30pm.

I have already discussed with Joanne Wilson, our previous membership chair.
Sean McMahon is our newly elected Membership Chair, but Member Outreach was
a focus of our organized Programming Committee to deliver to our membership
as a result of our chapter survey.

We are seeking perhaps 1-2 people to cover three main topics:

1.	Federation Philosophy: a seasoned Federationist with a junior
Federationist who can do this as a team and also do a trivia game like "Who
wants to be a Federationist?"

There can be silly gag gifts for this component

2.	Attracting Members: two Federationists can run this component of
ways to attract new members or to get individuals who have only attended one
chapter meeting. There can be a skit demonstrating how a phone call is made
to invite a potential member or a real phone call can be made while everyone
listens intently.

*Door Prizes can be given

3.	Member Retainability- Again, two Federationists can address this
component on how to keep current Federationists still interested in the NFB,
and why our members choose to remain in the Federation.

We can do some grilling on the Halversons patio as a great way to culminate
our afternoon activities. Maybe someone hasn't grilled yet and this can be
their opportunity to learn.

Needing all hands on deck for this! I hope to hear back from everyone and
please please, share some commentary, suggestions, etc.

Join us on our Programming Committee's planning for our Member Outreach mini
seminar.

When: Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Time: 8pm

Conference call bridge: 605-475-4000