[NFBV-Potomac-Announce] Washington Seminar

John Halverson jwh100 at outlook.com
Tue Dec 4 18:10:51 UTC 2018

In this busy time of the year, there even more items we as Federationists need to consider.

>From Deepa:

Washington Seminar

Hello Virginia Federationists,

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday. Although it may seem like it's still two months away, Washington Seminar is fast approaching. I wanted to send out some info to help you begin thinking about reserving your room and making arrangements in your schedule to attend.

The legislative Committee needs to begin creating teams of those who will be attending Washington Seminar and start scheduling appointments with members of Congress. So the earlier you can let us know whether you will be attending, the better. Please let us know by December 28 whether you plan to attend. When you let us know, please provide the name of your member of the House of Representatives. If you don't know, please provide your address including street address and ZIP code so we can easily look it up. If you want to look it up yourself, you can access this information at:

https://www.house.gov/

The Great-Gathering-In is scheduled for Monday, January 28, 2019. The deadline for making hotel reservations with the Holiday Inn Capitol is December 28, 2018, and although I know most of you are busy as we approach the holiday season, the hotel would certainly appreciate getting your reservations as early as possible to ensure that you secure your reservation.

Please reserve your room at the Holiday Inn Washington-Capitol (550 C Street, SW Washington, DC 20024) by Friday, December 28, 2018. Check in at our booking rate begins Friday, January 25, 2019 with a check out by Friday, February 1, 2019.

The rate is $196 per night. This rate does not include DC sales tax, currently 14.95 percent.

You can

<http://ichotelsgroup.com/redirect?path=rates&brandCode=HI&regionCode=1&loca

leCode=en&GPC=NB8&hotelCode=WASSM&_PMID=99801505> begin booking reservations online by using this link to the Holiday Inn Washington-Capitol website that includes our booking code. You can also make reservations by calling

1-877-572-6951 and referencing booking code NB8.

Credit card information is needed at time of your reservation. The individual cancellation policy is seventy-two hours prior to the date of arrival to avoid a one night's room plus tax cancellation charge on the credit card provided. If your departure date changes, you must inform the hotel seventy-two hours in advance of your departure to avoid a $100 fee.

A few members of the Northern Virginia chapters may have a guest room available for those who would consider this approach. You will need to be extremely self-sufficient to make this model work and requests should be submitted to me by December 21. Please contact me and I can see what can be done to accommodate your request.

Last year, we had a record number of Virginians attending! Please encourage all your chapter members, friends, and acquaintances to attend so we can show Congress that blind Virginians are committed to our important issues!

If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me, your co-legislative director, at deepa.goraya at gmail.com<mailto:deepa.goraya at gmail.com> <mailto:deepa.goraya at gmail.com>  or call me at 9099643699.

Thanks,

Deepa