[NFBV-Potomac-Announce] Auction Reminder

John Halverson jwh100 at outlook.com
Sun Jul 15 17:14:38 UTC 2018

Greetings Colleagues:

The time for our fund raising auction is rapidly approaching.  We plan to raise money to assist with project Rise, advocacy for blind children to receive an appropriate education including Braille, assistance with future NFB of Virginia conventions and other worthwhile projects such as BELL and social media training.

To this end, let's obtain items from local businesses for auction or offer

an item you can contribute to the cause.  If each of us obtains just two or

more gift cards or other items from businesses you patronize this will be an

extremely successful fund raiser.

In a few days, I will send you a copy of our solicitation letter which you may wish to print

and present to local merchants.

The auction fund raiser is scheduled for August 18, 2018, from 3:00 to 6:00 PM

at the Turnberry Towers Condominium in Rosslyn, 1881 North Nash Street, Arlington, Virginia 22209.

The $25 cost provides great catered  food as well as coffee and ice tea.

For those who want something stronger, wine and beer will be available.

However, the best reasons to attend, are to enjoy fellowship with your

friends and help us raise funds for our important work.

What is so exciting about this fundraiser is that you can contribute in two ways.  Of course, if you are able to afford to, you can purchase our exciting auction items.  Of equal importance, reaching out to local merchants or donating items for auction makes it possible for our chapter to flourish.  Even if you are unable to bid, you have the satisfaction of knowing you play a critical role in helping our chapter meet its financial objectives.

I am very much looking forward to joining with you on August 18.

John Halverson, Ph.D., President

Potomac Chapter, National Federation of the Blind