[NFBV-Potomac-Announce] October Potomac Chapter Meeting

John Halverson jwh100 at outlook.com
Tue Oct 9 13:54:08 UTC 2018

Hello Colleagues and Friends,

Please join  us for our October meeting.  Everyone is welcome.

The Potomac Chapter NFBV will meet at 7:00 pm, October  11  at St. George's Episcopal Church.  The address is 915 North Oakland Street, Arlington Virginia.

Our first Vice President Kathryn Webster is offering a trivia program.  Do you know your Federation history?  We will also discuss an October meet the blind activity, as well as our picnic and October Fest, and explore other items.

We will have a  philosophy of blindness discussion.

There are some  changes in meeting location this month.  The church has suffered some water damage and the evening childcare activities have preempted our room.  We are meeting in the  small chapel.  The chapel is located on the same level as our usual room.  As far as I know now, enter the Oakland Street door, turn right as if you are traveling to room 114, but do not make the next right turn.  Instead, keep straight and go up the small ramp.  We will have  someone direct you from there.

I am sorry for this change but it cannot be helped.

Finally, the church has requested that because this is a room used for worship, we not bring in food or drink.

If you are available, I hope you are able to join me for dinner at 5:30 pm on Thursday September 13 at Cosi, 3503 Fairfax Drive.  It is on the corner across Monroe and Fairfax Drive from the Virginia Square Metro.

I am looking forward to seeing you at Cosi and or at the meeting.

John

Note that the church is two blocks from the  Virginia Square Metro station.
1.  As you leave the Virginia Square Metro escalator turn 180 degrees and walk to Fairfax Drive.

2 Turn left and walk to Nelson.

3 Cross Nelson with Fairfax Drive on your right.  Note even though Nelson has little traffic, there is a traffic signal at this intersection.

4 This month, after crossing Nelson Street turn left with Fairfax Drive behind you.

5 The church is on your right. Pass the opening with steps leading up to the sanctuary. Turn right at the second opening and walk a short distance.  You will approach doors.  Knock and you will be admitted.

Thank you.