[NFBV-Potomac-Announce] Potomac Chapter Receives Arlington Kiwanis Club Youth Grant

John Halverson johnh50 at verizon.net
Thu Oct 18 15:07:43 UTC 2018

Hello Colleagues,

I just received an email from the Kiwanis Club of Arlington indicating that
our chapter will receive a $1000 2018/2019 grant on behalf of our support of
blind youth in Northern Virginia.  This is great news.

The acceptance email is below.

John

It is my honor to advise you that the Kiwanis Club of Arlington has approved
a grant $1,000 for the Potomac Chapter of the National Federation of the
Blind.  As you know, this Kiwanis Club is committed to improving the lives
of children and youth of Arlington. Our annual activities are undertaken to
raised funds to make meaningful grants to non-profit organizations such as
yours that serve Arlington young people.

In approving this year's grant, we applaud and support the work of your
organization in our community. As we work together, we ask that you become
engaged with us through attendance at our fundraisers, meetings and
networking activities. Through our mutual support, we believe that our
efforts can be amplified.

I have taken the liberty to invite you to attend the Wednesday luncheon
meeting on February13 at 12:00 pm to be honored and receive your grant
check. Please confirm and advise of who will attend. The Kiwanis Club will
provide your meal. The meeting will be held at the Knights of Columbus, 5115
Little Falls Rd. with entrance from the left parking lot.

I ask that you be prepared to share with us the activity that our grant
supports and other ways that we can become engaged with you. These remarks
should be 5-10 minutes. Thank you.

Congratulations and best wishes for continued impact on the children and
youth of our community.

Best regards,

Linda Chandler

President Elect