[NFBV-Potomac-Announce] For the Potomac Chapter Re LCB

John Halverson jwh100 at outlook.com
Fri Apr 26 21:10:02 UTC 2019

Good Afternoon Colleagues and Friends,

As many of you heard, a tornado hit Ruston, Louisiana yesterday, Thursday, April 25 at 2am. This tragic storm destroyed and damaged many homes of our Louisiana family, but fortunately left our Federation folks healthy and untouched. Louisiana is not only one of our 52 strong affiliates, but also the home of our first NFB training center: the Louisiana Center for the Blind. The damage requires financial means, something our chapter will be assisting with in the coming weeks.

Please bring cash or check donations to tomorrow's picnic or the May chapter meeting. Kathryn will be collecting all monetary donations. Contact her if you will be at neither event and she will find a way to receive your contribution. We are providing financial assistance to the Louisiana Center for the Blind, trusting Executive Director Pam Allen to distribute funds as she sees most helpful and beneficial. Kathryn will be tracking all names, so we can send a proper Braille card as well.

Thank you in advance.

Love,
Kathryn