[NFBV-Potomac-Announce] FW: Census News to Share (Census Jobs-Earn Money While Helping Your Community)

John Halverson jwh100 at outlook.com
Sun Oct 13 16:08:38 UTC 2019

Hello Colleagues and Friends,

FYI see below about census jobs.

John

From: Bryna Helfer [mailto:bhelfer at arlingtonva.us]
Sent: Friday, October 11, 2019 12:44 PM
To: Census2020 <Census2020 at arlingtonva.us>
Subject: Census News to Share (Census Jobs-Earn Money While Helping Your Community)

We hope you will consider sharing this story across your networks...
THANKS!!!
[cid:image001.jpg at 01D581BE.F0C57760]
Census Jobs - Earn Money While Helping the Community
Arlington Employment Center Assisting Census Bureau in Recruiting Temporary Workers
October 10, 2019
Did you know the U.S. Census Bureau is recruiting temporary employees<https://2020census.gov/en/jobs> for the 2020 Census? These are jobs that offer weekly pay, competitive pay rates, flexible hours, and paid training.
The Arlington Employment Center<https://aec.arlingtonva.us/>, part of the American Job Center network and a Arlington 2020 Census Partner, is holding monthly Census job recruiting events<https://arl2020censusoct.eventbrite.com/> through December.  The next recruiting event is Wed., Oct. 23 (two sessions: 10-11 a.m. and 11 a.m.-noon) and participants are encouraged to register to attend<https://arl2020censusoct.eventbrite.com/>.  Attendees will be able to complete the online application and assessments on site.  Future events will be posted on the Arlington Employment Center website<https://aec.arlingtonva.us/>.
Application Process
Filling out a single Census job application opens the opportunity to be considered for several positions, including census taker, recruiting assistant, office clerk, and supervisory staff. Jobs for the 2020 Census are located throughout the United States and Puerto Rico and include both field and office positions. Applicants can fill out the online job application<https://recruitment.2020census.gov/> on the Census 2020 website.
"Working for the U.S. Census provides the perfect opportunity to earn extra money while helping our county," says Pam Egner, who is producing the U.S. Census events on behalf of the Arlington Employment Center. "As many of our residents already know, the results of the 2020 Census will help determine the Commonwealth's representation in Congress, as well as how certain funds are spent for schools, hospitals, roads, and more. This is your chance to play a part in history and help ensure that everyone in our community is counted!"
Job Qualifications and Pay Rates
To be eligible for a 2020 Census job, applicants must:

  *   Be at least 18 years old.
  *   Have a valid Social Security number.
  *   Be a U.S. citizen
Pay varies by position and location throughout the U.S. The Census 2020 website reports that it pays Arlington County census takers $25 per hour. Census takers also receive reimbursement for work-related mileage and expenses, where applicable

  *   View pay rates in Virginia and nationwide<https://2020census.gov/en/jobs/pay-and-locations.html>
  *   Learn more about other qualifications and get answers to frequently asked questions.<https://2020census.gov/en/jobs/faqs.html>
  *   Check the Arlington Employment Center's Job Board for a list of Census positions<https://jobboard.arlingtonva.us/search/census/> (keyword: census)