[NFBV-Potomac-Announce] January 2020 Potomac Chapter Book Club Meeting

John Halverson jwh100 at outlook.com
Fri Jan 3 16:00:53 UTC 2020

Hello Colleagues,

The Potomac Chapter book club will meet at 7:00 pm, Wednesday January 8, 2020, at the home of Sandy and John Halverson.  The address is 810 22nd Street South, Arlington, Virginia 22202.

As usual we will order dinner.  If you wish to join us for dinner please arrive by 6:30 pm.  I will send a menu closer to January 8.

Our book is the Matriarch a biography of Barbara Bush.  Karin and I were not able to find specific questions for this book.  She found some generic biography questions.  Please find them attached and below.

I think these questions should facilitate good discussion.

See you on Wednesday.

John

Biography Project Discussion Questions

1. How does a person become a hero or a role model for others?

2. What was this person's major accomplishment? If you were designing symbolic
representations for this person, what would you include?

3. How did this person demonstrate perseverance?

4. How did this person become famous?

5. What character traits do you admire most in this person?

6. What did you learn from this person's life?

7. Are there ways you can connect your experiences with this person's experiences?

8. What kind of impact did this person have on the lives of others?

9. Can you link this person's life to specific examples from fiction?

10. Can you relate qualities in this person or aspects of this person's experience to archetypes in
literature?

Text Box: Copyright 2004 IRA/NCTE. All rights reserved.
ReadWriteThink materials may be reproduced for educational purposes.