[NFBV-Potomac-Announce] Zoom Is Taking Over the World, . . . Plus National and Virginia Affiliate Pre-Convention Planning and Prep

Christine Grassman cfgrassman at icloud.com
Mon Jul 6 11:00:00 UTC 2020

Please note: Except for the National Rookie Round-Up, the Zoom information for the Virginia affiliate pre-convention informational session, the Zoom Q&A session, and our Potomac Chapter meeting are the same.

Attend the Rookie Round Up (July 7 at 8:30 PM eastern)

This year is a first for all of us. All convention attendees are cordially invited to attend a welcoming Zoom meeting Tuesday, July 7 from 8:30 to 9:30 p.m. EDT. President Riccobono and Pam Allen will be on hand to kick off the convention a week before it starts and preview its activities.
Click this link to join: https://zoom.us/j/91250893803 <https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=17597&qid=3870179>
Or dial: +1 301 715 8592
Zoom Webinar ID: 912 5089 3803
One-tap mobile: +13017158592,,91250893803#
***

Zoom, Zoom, Zoom:
If you are still unfamiliar with, or overwhelmed by, Zoom, and have avoided checking out the free tutorial Meet Me in the Cloud, perhaps checking out the Braille Monitor article prior to convention will fit the bill:
”The Room is Zoom: An Overview for Many of the National Convention Sessions.” <https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=17598&qid=3870179>

Additionally:

Zoom Troubleshooting and Training session (Wednesday, July 8 from 5:00 PM to 7:00 PM Eastern

If you have been accessing Zoom over the telephone and you want to try the Windows or mobile app, we will be holding a special drop in training session on Wednesday, July 8 between 5:00 PM Eastern and 7:00 PM Eastern. Please feel free to drop in and we can work with you to get the app installed and configured for use. We can also address questions for those planning to use the phone. It is much easier to address your questions before convention so you can have a better virtual convention experience.
The Zoom details are the same:

https://zoom.us/j/8297256345 <https://zoom.us/j/8297256345>

 Telephone Dial: 6468769923 <tel:6468769923>
Meeting ID: 829 725 6345

One tap mobile
+16468769923,,8297256345 <tel:+16468769923,,8297256345>

****

Virginia convention Prep Session and Q&A (Wednesday, July 8 at 7:00 PM Eastern)

We recognize that many people have questions in preparation for our virtual convention. While the Rookie Round Up will be helpful, it will be a one-way communication given the thousands expected to participate. We expect that many will have additional questions and it may be easier to get these addressed in a meeting this week before we get to convention. We have tried to answer some of your questions in the details below. However, some people will undoubtably have even more questions. We hope to have the answers and if we do not, we will seek the answers out.

Join us on Wednesday, July 8 at 7:00 PM EDT for an interactive discussion of convention which will address questions that were not addressed earlier or clarify items from the Rookie Round Up, the agenda, or this message.
The Zoom details, just like almost all Virginia affiliate Zoom meetings, is provided below.

https://zoom.us/j/8297256345 <https://zoom.us/j/8297256345>

 Telephone Dial: 6468769923 <tel:6468769923>
Meeting ID: 829 725 6345

One tap mobile
+16468769923,,8297256345 <tel:+16468769923,,8297256345>

Christine