[NFBV-Potomac-Announce] Potomac Chapter Rescheduled Hybrid February Meeting: Heads Up for Different Zoom link

Christine Grassman cfgrassman at icloud.com
Tue Feb 15 22:10:08 UTC 2022

*** Very, very important: Take note of the Zoom link, as it is not the affiliate link. Also, as per St. George’s policy: Anyone who attends in person must wear a mask at all times when within the building. This means if you need to eat, drink, or be merry in a particularly frisky manner (get a room!) Seriously, please do you dining prior to the meeting or wait until we are finished. Any violation of the church’s policy voids our agreement to abide by the church’s rules in the use of their room. If anyone wants to bring Valentine or just-because goodies to share, please distribute them when we depart.
 Potomac Chapter February 17, 7:00 PM
 Hybrid Meeting: In Person and via Zoom

In person:
St. George’s Episcopal Church
915 N. Oakland St.
Arlington, Virginia
Room 114
 If you have programmed in the meeting link, you will need to click on or dial in an alternative for this Thursday, graciously offered by our own Recording Secretary and author extraordinaire, Arielle Silverman. Please note that if you are not joining us at St. George’s, you Zoom in here:
https://zoom.us/j/6025022255 <https://zoom.us/j/6025022255>
Meeting ID: 6025022255
(no password)
One-tap: 646-558-8656,,60250222

Agenda:

7:00 PM: Hi there, my Federation Valentines:
OK, I’m a little late, but at least I didn’t buy you something you didn’t want.
As we find out who is on the line and in the room, say the first thing that comes to mind when you hear the word Valentine. Don’t think about it. Whatever you thought first, say it. I know; I’m probably going to regret this. :)
7:05 PM: Minutes: Any questions, amendments, or concerns?
7:10 PM: Treasurer’s Report: Questions, amendments, concerns?
7:15 PM: Nominating Committee Appointment, Upcoming Elections
7:25: Chapter Activity: Smithsonian Future Exhibits: The Social Committee will provide all the exciting details. Rachel, you’re on.
7:35 PM: Presidential Release
8:00: Break
8:05 PM: Any discussion or questions regarding the Presidential release
8:10 Silver Bells: Sandy Halverson How can members promote the program subsequent to the Meet and Greet this Saturday?
8:15: Who is responsible for us? What is the difference between independence and interdependence? How does one determine what independence means? Who decides?
If you have an opportunity, take a look at this article:
https://nfb.org/images/nfb/publications/bm/bm22/bm2202/bm220208.htm

Audio mp3:
https://nfb.org//images/nfb/audio/braille_monitor/2022/february/10_who_is_responsible_for_the_blind.mp3

8:30 to 8:40: NFB Pledge and Adjourn

** Please note*: If you need some time to address the chapter, please let me know before noon on Thursday.**