[NFBV-Potomac-Announce] Potomac Chapter Meeting January 13, 2022: 7:00 PM (Virtual Only)

Christine Grassman cfgrassman at icloud.com
Wed Jan 12 17:09:59 UTC 2022

Potomac Chapter Meeting January 13, 2022 (virtual)	Hello everyone. As I indicated yesterday, we will be meeting virtually this month. Please see below the Zoom and dial-in information and the planned agenda items. If there is something you would like to discuss, please let me know as soon as possible, and definitely before noon tomorrow.
Zoom Link https://zoom.us/j/8297256345?pwd=SFAyamlQNU44ZTJ6dUZNMTV4RmhCQT09 <https://zoom.us/j/8297256345?pwd=SFAyamlQNU44ZTJ6dUZNMTV4RmhCQT09>
One tap mobile
tel: +13017158592,,8297256345#
Telephone Dial: 1 (301) 715-8592
Meeting ID: 829 725 6345#

If needed the password is 20201940

7:00 PM: Who’s here and a question: What is your favorite winter meal on a chilly, windy night?
** Alternatively, if some of our new members join us (please do!), we will spend some time getting to know them. **

7:05: Minutes
7:10: Treasurer’s Report
7:15 PM: Richmond Seminar Goes Virtual, Participation Now and Going Forward
7:20: Presidential Release
7:50: Scholarship Changes, New Code of Conduct, Washington Seminar, National Convention, Other Concerns/Thoughts Related to the Release
8:05 PM: COVID Tests: Have you had one? Do you know where to get them? What are your thoughts on accessibility on home tests?
8:15 PM: Discussion: There  were two Braille Monitor articles in the January issue about the trend of people describing themselves on teleconferencing platforms such as Zoom, TEAMS, WebEx, etc. What are your thoughts? If you are able, please access  the articles before tomorrow evening:
1.
 HTML version:

https://nfb.org//images/nfb/publications/bm/bm22/bm2201/bm220107.htm

Listen:
https://nfb.org//images/nfb/audio/braille_monitor/2022/january/09_a_case_for_why_we_should_not_do_visual_descriptions_of_ourselves.mp3

2.
HTML version:

https://nfb.org//images/nfb/publications/bm/bm22/bm2201/bm220108.htm

Listen:

https://nfb.org//images/nfb/audio/braille_monitor/2022/january/10_bringing_a_closing_to_disclosing_the_clothing.mp3

8:35: Committees and Plans: We need your input and active participation. We have a lot to accomplish this year, and we have a lot of room to build our chapter, our affiliate, and our movement with the resolve and dedication of our members.
  8:40: NFB Pledge and Adjourn