[NFBV-Potomac-Announce] Less than a week left; sign up, pay up, gobble up!

Christine Grassman cfgrassman at icloud.com
Thu Jul 28 01:55:07 UTC 2022

Ice cream! Ice cream! Come get your ice cream . . . bring some for others to get as well.
You don’t have to stand on the side of the road, waving your arms and yelling “Stop!” and listening to some annoying little jingle that will become an earworm for the next week or so, long after the last delightful spoonful or cone crumbs have passed your lips.
No, indeed, either fill out the form at the link below, or carefully read the info and get back to me or Deepa with what you plan to bring or if you just want to pay.
Please fill out the RSVP form at
https://forms.gle/65r7kq5v1ZxeJgD79 <https://forms.gle/65r7kq5v1ZxeJgD79>
by noon on Wednesday, August 3,  We ask everyone to either contribute an item from the list on the RSVP form, or to contribute $10 to the chapter. If you wish to pay the $10, you can do so via Paypal at
www.paypal.me/pcnfb <http://www.paypal.me/pcnfb>
or contact Arielle Silverman at
arielle at disabilitywisdom.com <mailto:arielle at disabilitywisdom.com>

to ask about other ways to pay.

Now, if you hate forms with a flaming passion that will melt all ice cream near and far, see the details below and please send your RSVP with what you are contributing to me
cfgrassman at icloud.com
or Deepa Goraya, Social Activities Chair, at

deepagoraya at gmail.com

NFB Potomac Chapter Ice Cream SocialEvent RSVP
We hope you will attend our ice cream social!
When: August 7, 2022, 2:00-5:00 p.m.
Where: 5902 Mount Eagle Dr. (Montebello Condominiums in Alexandria)
* Required
How many people will attend with you?
What are the names of people attending?
*
We ask everyone to contribute at least one item from the list below or to contribute $10. Please indicate item(s) you wish to bring to the event:
*

I will bring ice cream, frozen yogurt, gelato, or other frozen dessert.
I will bring toppings (sprinkles, chips, hot fudge, etc.)
I will bring an ice cream scoop.

I will bring mini soda cans (for floats).

I will bring waffle or cake cones.

I will bring bowls, cups, spoons, or napkins.
I will bring something else entirely (please tell us what; we hate surprises. OK, maybe we don’t hate surprises, but we want to plan this carefully.
 I will contribute $10.

If you are bringing a frozen dessert, please indicate type, flavor, and amount. Remember, a spoonful of sugar may help the medicine go down, but a spoonful of ice cream is never, ever enough.

Toppings are another great thing to bring: chips: chocolate, butterscotch, etc.,; crushed Oreos or other cookies; sprinkles; sliced fruit; Maraschino cherries; nuts or seeds; whipped cream; fudge for heating; M&M’s, mini marshmallows, and so on.

**Note: The ice cream social will take place in a large party room that has a screened-in balcony off that room; do keep in mind that it will be August, and August and ice cream don’t go together well, so you’ll have to be quick out there. The room itself is air-conditioned; we will have the use of a freezer and microwave.
We will appreciate assistance after the festivities tidying up and leaving the premises as we found them.