[NFBV-Potomac-Announce] Potomac Chapter Meeting: May 2022, at St. George's and via Zoom

Christine Grassman cfgrassman at icloud.com
Tue May 10 21:31:17 UTC 2022

Potomac Chapter Meeting Agenda: May 12, 2022

We’ve got a full agenda this month, and I want that to be the norm, so come to St. George’s or connect via computer or phone, and start thinking about ways to make each and every one of our meetings meaningful, engaging, and fun.

If I am not mistaken, St. George’s mask policy is still in place. Please be mindful of this, and there is no eating and drinking in the room for the time being.

 St. George’s Episcopal Church, 915 N. Oakland St., Arlington, VA 22203
Zoom:
   https://zoom.us/j/8297256345?pwd=SFAyamlQNU44ZTJ6dUZNMTV4RmhCQT09 <https://zoom.us/j/8297256345?pwd=SFAyamlQNU44ZTJ6dUZNMTV4RmhCQT09>

One tap mobile
tel: +13017158592,,8297256345#  <tel:%20+13017158592,,8297256345>
Telephone Dial: 1 (301) 715-8592

Meeting ID: 829 725 6345#

If needed the password is 20201940

7:00 PM; Call to Order: Howdy All: Our Zoom host will tell us who is with us, and we will announce attendees at St. George’s.
7:05 PM: April Minutes, Treasurer’s Report, Pampered Chef Fundraiser Conclusion: Julie McGinnity and Ember, Arielle  Silverman, and Rachel Schreiman

7:10: Convention Registration: Don’t Miss It, whether you are there in person or virtual.
7:15: Connect DC: Another transportation option. Sick of surge pricing? Tired of your rides being canceled because of a dog guide or disability? Consider Connect DC: Ferras Ghannam, VP, Director of Finance, Connect DC

7:40 PM: Public Transportation: A Request for Collaboration From Ancil Torres, President of the Torres Foundation:

Accessible, reliable, and affordable public transportation and paratransit options are essential services if we are to ever live the life we want. In the greater Washington DC area services will never be improved unless we in the disabled community become fully engaged on the transportation issue and hold decision makers accountable. We also know that if the problem is going to be solved right, we must promote our own solutions.

8:00: Break
8:05: Social Committee Suggests . . . Something Special for August: Deepa Goraya
8:10: Presidential Release
8:40: Pledge and Adjourn