[NFBV-Potomac-Announce] Board Meetings

Christine Grassman cfgrassman at icloud.com
Sun Nov 13 18:01:13 UTC 2022

Going forward, I am scheduling monthly Board meetings on the last Sunday of each month at 7:30 PM. I will schedule them for one hour, but we can go longer if necessary.
This month, we have an exceedingly important discussion to have: whether or not to continue using St. George’s as our in-person meeting place, and whether or not, in fact, to hold in-person meetings for the foreseeable future. While our recent survey demonstrated a strong desire for hybrid meetings, and an even stronger desire to combine meetings with dinner gatherings, attendance in person has not borne this out. In fact,while our last meeting was well-attended, only my family showed up at St. George’s.
St. George’s now has a mobile pass, which I do have on my phone, and is relatively easy to use. However, when we entered St. George’s, we discovered that Room 114 was locked. Believing that we would have to hold our meeting somewhere else in the ostensibly empty church, we sat on benches near the door in order to let any others who might show up into the church; This means we will have to post someone at the door to open it, leaving that individual potentially to miss some part of the meeting.
Fortunately,  a lovely woman named Amy, who is in charge of the preschool, happened to be in the church, and was able to let us into the room. The WiFi password for the secure network has not worked for some time now, so I was forced to use the public WiFi, which is something I do not like to do, for security reasons, and given the fact that we had two important discussions scheduled with guests, I did not want to rely on calling in, as I wanted to option to turn on my video and to mute and unmute reliably.

The most significant aspect of continuing to use St. George’s under all of these circumstances is the $300 we contract to pay for the use of the space. Please send your thoughts to me, or another Board member, ahead of time, and/or bring them to the Board meeting. **It goes without saying, but I’ll say it anyway, that we will not be meeting on December 31.**

Christine Faltz Grassman is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: PCNFB board meeting
Time: This is a recurring meeting 7:30 PM, November 27, 2022

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89690261015?pwd=UFY4eGRhdHJzNlVqNXZLZTFDTFFnUT09 <https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89690261015?pwd=UFY4eGRhdHJzNlVqNXZLZTFDTFFnUT09>

Meeting ID: 896 9026 1015
Passcode: 725415