[NFBV-Potomac-Announce] Assist the Greater Alexandria Chapter and the Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee to Raise Funds for Convention Hospitality Night

Christine Grassman cfgrassman at icloud.com
Sun Sep 11 17:21:57 UTC 2022

**Please take note of the fund-raising dates: 3:00 PM Friday, September 16 through 3:00 Pm September 20.**
From Renee Valdez:
Hey Everybody! Stop scrolling and read this important plea!!

The Greater Alexandria Chapter and the Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Committee are teaming up to bring to the National Federation of the Blind of Virginia State Convention, the spiciest, funnest (that's a word!), and most thrill-packed hospitality night ever in the history of NFBV State Conventions!  It will be a Latin experience of a lifetime, featuring the best in Latin music by Los Siegos del Barrio (The Blind Guys on the Block), Latin munchies to spice up the palate, cash bar, and lots and lots of dancing!  There may even be salsa lessons provided for those who may have two left feet!

In order to produce this extraordinary evening of fun, food and dance in our Latin theme, we need your help.

Here comes the ASK!

The GAC/DEI Team needs EVERYONE to help raise the funds to make this all happen in a big way!  We are working with Double Good Gourmet Popcorn, a reputable organization that has a long history of assisting countless groups,  like ours, raise lots of money for good causes!

Here's how it works:

Starting at 3:00 p.m. on Friday,  September 16th and ending 3:00 p.m. on Tuesday, September 20th,  our Teams' Worker Bees will be sending out a link that will introduce you to the absolute best and most flavorful popcorn you will ever experience! Flavors like Sweet & Savory, featuring a caramel and cheese mix, In Queso Fire. with a tantalizing mixture of cheddar, garlic, onion & jalapeño, and more! There are a total of 12 exciting and unique flavors with the price per bag ranging from $9 to $12.

I know what you're  thinking... WOW! That's a little steep!
Well, I thought the same thing! But! We are hoping everyone will consider our cause and our desire to provide a fantabulous Latin Hospitality Night worthy of our first in-person State Convention following two long years of COVID quarantine!  Please dig deep in those pockets!

You may see or receive text messages, emails, and social media tags from several different "Worker Bees" on our team. We all set up a unique online store, and even if the link looks different, purchasing from any of our stores will route the money to our team account.  We get half of everything we sell!

For your convenience, here is the link to one of our stores, set up by Renée Valdez.

https://s.dgpopup.com/8ed0ry35 <https://s.dgpopup.com/8ed0ry35>

Remember, this all starts at 3:00 p.m. on Friday,  September 16th!

I thank you all, in advance, for your support and contribution!

Renee F. Valdez, M.A.

Secretary/Treasurer, NFB Greater Alexandria Chapter

Co-Chair, NFB of Virginia Fundraising Committee

Vice President, Northern VA Regional Local Human Rights Committee

(703) 966-0836