[NFBV-Potomac-Announce] FW: Holiday party follow-up

John Halverson jwh100 at outlook.com
Thu Dec 14 15:24:26 UTC 2023

From: Sandy Halverson <sjh300 at outlook.com>
Sent: Thursday, December 14, 2023 10:11 AM
To: jwh100 at outlook.com
Subject: Holiday party follow-up

Good morning members and friends. I hope you took advantage of the opportunity to socialize last night while waiting for, and enjoying your menu choices. Since there was no way to do it lasts night, I would like to thank Christine Grassman and Evelyn Valdez, our Fairfax and Greater Alexandria Chapter presidents, for joining us along with others we haven't seen recently.

Sean will soon be depositing our Kiwanis Club of Arlington $1,000.00 grant and I look forward to our 2024 plans for youth programs. Jacki and Charlie Brown introduced us to this particular club several years ago and I'm sorry Jacki was not able to join us for their Christmas celebration. The Washington Country Club lunch was delightful with good food and fellowship.

On Saturday, December 16 from 2 to 4, we will be holding a Zoom meet and greet for Silver Bells recruiting; if you know seniors who would benefit, please share our affiliate Zoom link with them. Preregistration is not required and they might decide to join us for one of our retreat weekends.

For those whose holiday plans take them out of state, I wish you safe travels, uneventful return to Virginia, and the happiest, peaceful holiday season. I'm sure we will have lots to share when we meet at St. George's Episcopal Church, Room 114 in January 2024.

Cordially,
Sandy Halverson, President
Potomac Chapter
National Federation of the Blind