[NFBV-Potomac-Announce] October and November Book Club Meetings

John Halverson jwh100 at outlook.com
Wed Sep 20 18:08:07 UTC 2023

Hello,

We have a change in our timing for books.

Patty tells me that she is not available to discuss our October book, the Notebook, on the evening of October 4.

Thus we will switch our October and  November  books.

I will discuss Thunder Dog on October  4 and Patty will discuss the Notebook on November 1.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may  cause.

October 4, 2023 John

Thunder dog: the true story of a blind man, his guide dog, and the triumph of trust at Ground Zero DB73300<https://nlsbard.loc.gov/nlsbardprod/download/detail/srch/DB73300>
Hingson, Michael; Flory, Susy Reading time: 7 hours, 19 minutes.
Peter Ganim A production of the National Library Service for the Blind and Physically Handicapped, Library of Congress.

Biography of Persons with Disabilities
Disability
Animals and Wildlife

Michael Hingson, an executive who worked in the North Tower of the World Trade Center, recounts his escape after the September 11, 2001, terrorist attacks. Hingson, blind since birth, describes what he and his guide dog Roselle experienced as she led him down seventy-eight flights of stairs to safety. 2011.

I found questions

November 1, 2023 Patty

The notebook DB43180<https://nlsbard.loc.gov/nlsbardprod/download/detail/srch/DB43180>
Sparks, Nicholas Reading time: 5 hours, 41 minutes.
Robert Sams A production of the National Library Service for the Blind and Physically Handicapped, Library of Congress.

Romance

An elderly man reads from a notebook to his wife, who has Alzheimer's disease. Gradually he unfolds the story of a couple who fell in love the summer after high school and were reunited by a fluke fourteen years later. But will his wife recognize her own story? Some explicit descriptions of sex. 1996.

I found questions