[NFBV-Potomac-Announce] FW: Prescription reader bill signed into law!

John Halverson jwh100 at outlook.com
Tue Apr 9 15:37:27 UTC 2024

Hello Friends and Colleagues,

April 8, 2024, is a date that will be forever marked in  the history of the National Federation of the Blind of Virginia as well as the Potomac Chapter!

On April 8, 2024, Governor Youngkim signed HB516, the Prescription Reader bill, which requires accessible prescription labels on prescription drugs provided through pharmacies to the blind of Virginia.

 We should all be proud. As through our hard work and the leadership of Delegate Hope, the bill patron,  this important bill is now law.

Below is the announcement Delegate Hope sent us.

John Halverson, Corresponding Secretary, Potomac Chapter