[NFBV-Potomac-Announce] Exciting May Meeting

John Halverson jwh100 at outlook.com
Wed Apr 24 14:17:17 UTC 2024

Hello Friends and Colleagues,

I have some extremely exciting news for our May 2024 meeting.

As you probably are aware, the Virginia General Assembly approved and the Governor signed HB516, the accessible prescription labeling act. This means that people who are blind or visually impaired will soon, as a matter of right, receive accessible information about our prescriptions.

The patron for this law is Delegate Patrick Hope. He is a great friend of blind Virginians and worked closely with us to  ensure passage of this bill.

Delegate Hope will be our guest at our May meeting. I hope many of you will join us to celebrate this victory with him.

The meeting will take place on May 8, at Saint George's Episcopal Church, 915 North Oakland Street, Arlington Virginia, Room 114. Please arrive at 6:45.

The meeting will also be offered on Zoom. See below for instructions.

I hope everyone can join us to celebrate this momentous event.

Also, our fundraising auction is rapidly approaching. I will have copies of solicitation forms for you to offer merchants you believe will support our Potomac Chapter.

Finally, below is a description of how to  walk from the Virginia Square Metro Stop to the church.

John Halverson, Ph.D., Potomac Chapter, Corresponding Secretary

Zoom

https://zoom.us/j/8297256345?pwd=SFAyamlQNU44ZTJ6dUZNMTV4RmhCQT09

 Telephone Dial: tel:6468769923
Meeting ID: 829 725 6345

One tap mobile
tel:+16468769923,,8297256345

Walking instructions from the Virginia Square Metro Stop to the Church

As you leave the Virginia Square escalator, turn 180 degrees and walk to Fairfax Drive. Turn left and walk  to Nelson Street. Cross Nelson with Fairfax on your right and even though Nelson has little traffic, there is a  traffic signal at this intersection. After crossing Nelson Street, continue for an additional block with Fairfax Drive  on your right, you will reach Oakland Street. Turn left on Oakland Street and take an almost immediate left in  to a small parking lot. Knock on the door and someone  will let you in the Church.

Note, if you are coming by car  to  the meeting, let the  driver know that the door you want is labeled 1 and is next to a mailbox.