[NFBV-Potomac-Announce] FW: PCNFB January board meeting

John Halverson jwh100 at outlook.com
Sun Jan 28 15:59:07 UTC 2024

From: Sandy Halverson <sjh300 at outlook.com>
Sent: Sunday, January 28, 2024 10:42 AM
To: jwh100 at outlook.com
Subject: PCNFB January board meeting

Good afternoon. I hope everybody had a chance to enjoy some of the 80-degree weather that came our way yesterday. It has been a while since we have had a chapter board meeting primarily due to Sundays at the end of November and December so I would like to meet today at 7 on our affiliate Zoom.

There is nothing to report from STAR so I want your suggestions for a possible February speaker.

An announcement will be sent out before our next chapter meeting with details about pizza since LeRoy is out of town and will not be home until later this coming week.

We need to make financial-related recommendations to the chapter regarding convention assistance we should provide, and contributions to our national funds and we need to pay St. George's for meeting room space.

We should purchase some children's canes from Kiwanis money and plan a northern Virginia youth activity separate from BELL like Braille Readers Are Leaders participants party.

I hope you will be able to attend; chapter members are welcome. See you at seven.