[NFBV-PWC] Fwd: [NFBV-Announce] First Call for State Convention Volunteers

Real talk with Oscar Josue Montiel oscarjmontiel37 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 12 21:52:51 UTC 2021

FYI

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Joe Orozco via NFBV-Announce <nfbv-announce at nfbnet.org>
Date: Mon, Jul 12, 2021 at 4:43 PM
Subject: [NFBV-Announce] First Call for State Convention Volunteers
To: <nfbv-announce at nfbnet.org>

Hello everyone,

With national convention now a fond memory, it's time to turn our
attention to the hybrid state convention: October 29-31 in Falls
Church.

Why email you now, so soon after the national convention? I like to
get you while you're still riding high on NFB spirit and willing to do
the work of the movement.

We'll discuss the convention in greater detail at the August 7
affiliate board meeting. For the moment, however, I am interested in
hearing from people who: 1) plan on attending the convention in
person; and 2) want to volunteer for the convention. Volunteer roles
include, but are certainly not limited to: hotline representatives,
marshals, floor managers, door prize runners, mic runners, meal
coordinators, audio/visual, table managers, exhibit hall assistants,
etc. These and other tasks are overseen by point people assigned by
either the affiliate or the host chapter, but we'll need people to
step into volunteer positions to fill out the various responsibilities
necessary to pull off a great convention.

Also, while I have your attention, last fall I neglected to include
Stewart Prost of the Tidewater Chapter in my long list of thank you's
for serving as one of our virtual floor managers. Stewart, consider
the oversight rectified!

Please consider this the first call for assistance. I would like to
get a preliminary sense for who is definitely coming to Northern
Virginia and willing to lend a hand as we start to draw up convention
roles. If you want to volunteer but don't know what you want to do,
email me anyway, and we'll find a place for you on the team. I want
you to work in an area where you feel most comfortable.

The essential details for the convention can be found at:

http://nfbv.org/convention

Thank you for stepping up!

Joe Orozco, Convention Operations

--