[NFBV-Richmond-Announce] Richmond Chapter Holiday Dinner

Robert Parsons rob.parso3389 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 8 15:46:58 UTC 2017

Greetings Members

I know you all are excited for the delicious dinner that we are going to
take part in on Monday, but I wanted to highlight a few important points
about this dinner. Please take note for better understanding of how the
function will operate:

1.	The event begins at 6pm. The location is Mama Js Kitchen. We will be
in the banquet hall. The address is 101 E. Clay St., Richmond, VA 23219. It
is the first storefront on the southeast corner of the intersection of First
and Clay streets.
2.	As many of our members will be arriving via the JCs and we have
volunteers that must set up and serve, when you arrive, please take a seat
and wait until we begin the actual event. We will not serve until about
6:30pm to assure all that are supposed to be there arrive.
3.	If you have not paid your $25 fee by now for your plate, please come
to the dinner with that amount. See Mark Roane so that your plate can be
provided and paid for. If you did not register for the dinner, I regret to
inform you that you cannot sign up now.
4.	The volunteers have been already briefed on how to serve and serving
sizes. Each plate is equipped with a meat, a starch, a vegetable, a piece of
bread, and a drink. Note that there is a choice of starch between macaroni
and cheese or mashed potato with gravy. Think about that choice so that when
it is your time to order you won't hold up the process.
5.	Though this is described as "buffet style," this does not mean that
this is Golden corral. Your fee that has been paid covers one order, your
dessert, and your drink. Extra food, if any, will be distributed after all
paid guests have gotten their fair share. At that time, if there is anything
left, someone from the board will make that announcement.
6.	If you are interested in ordering a drink that is not lemonade or
water, the restaurant proper will take those orders. You would have to go
around the corner and place the order. I would suggest going there first if
you want alcohol and then making your way around the corner.
7.	We have visitors and guests attending the event. Attempt to be as
friendly as possible and please make everyone feel welcomed. This is a
joyous event and it should make people feel that our events are enticing so
that they can continue to attend in the future.

I would also like to take this time to formally thank our event planning
chair, Gerald Meredith, for all the hard work he has done to make this event
a reality. I remember the work that we put in last year and I think that his
ability to execute the tasks needed to secure a spot and a private venue is
admirable. I look forward to celebrating a great holiday season and great
year with you all on Monday.

Thanks

Robert E. Parsons Jr.

President, Richmond Chapter

President, Virginia Association of Blind Students

President, French Club

Secretary, Caribbean American Student Alliance

Phi Theta Kappa International Honor Society '15

Randolph Macon College '18

Phone: 804 801 7674

"Without struggle, there is no progress." -Frederick Douglass