[NFBV-Richmond-Announce] Prayers Up

Robert Parsons rob.parso3389 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 21 15:23:11 UTC 2017

Good Morning Chapter Members

I hope this email finds you all well. I am writing to ask all of you to take
a minute or so out of your day to send prayers up for our chapter members
and the families of those members. Today, our second Vice President, Porsha
Baskerville, will lay her mother to rest. Porsha has been nothing short of
supportive and loving to each of us and I pray that her family finds
serenity and love from us and everyone they come into contact with on this
difficult day. Furthermore, on Friday our chapter lost one of its newest
members. During the summer, Rich Cavallaro joined our chapter and he has
moved to greener pastures last week. Rich joined after moving to Richmond
and becoming the newest access technology teacher at VRCBVI. It is so
surreal how life can be here one minute and be gone the next, but even in
the wake of this tragedy, I ask you all to pray for Rich's family, the
VRCBVI staff, and our fellow chapter and affiliate members that connected
with Rich for the short time that we had him as a member.

The holidays are around the corner and losing someone around this time is
such a difficult pill to swallow, but with love and support we can still
soothe emotional unrest and allow for the people affected by these losses to
be thankful for the time we had with those loved ones. I wish you all a
happy holiday and extend my well wishes to both Porsha and Rich's family.

Blessings

Robert E. Parsons Jr.

President, Richmond Chapter

President, Virginia Association of Blind Students

President, French Club

Secretary, Caribbean American Student Alliance

Phi Theta Kappa International Honor Society '15

Randolph Macon College '18

Phone: 804 801 7674

"Without struggle, there is no progress." -Frederick Douglass