[NFBV-Seniors] Very Brief November 25 Seniors Division Meeting

nancyyeager542 at comcast.net nancyyeager542 at comcast.net
Sun Nov 15 15:27:50 UTC 2020

Dear Virginia Seniors,

Our Senior Division Constitution requires that we hold an election of
Officers and Board Members every two years. We normally hold them during our
annual meeting at State Convention where we are sure to have a quorum.  Do
to an oversight on my part we did not hold those elections.  We need to hold
them prior to the end of 2020.

All of the officers and board members are up for election.  If you are
interested in one of these positions, ask someone to nominate you.  You
cannot nominate yourself.

To reach a quorum, over 10% of active and dues paying members must be
present and voting.  since 10 percent is 12, we need at least 13 members for
the vote to be valid.

we often cancel the November meeting when it falls on the day before
Thanksgiving.  This year I propose that we hold a very brief meeting on
November 25, for the sole purpose of conducting the elections. We will
conduct no other business.

If everyone arrives on zoom by 7:00 pm, we should be finished in 15 or 20
minutes.

While we welcome seniors  from other affiliates, only Virginia seniors  are
eligible to vote in this election.

Please let me know on or before   November 19 whether or not you will attend
the November 25th  NFBV Seniors Division meeting.

You can reach me by email or phone:

Email:  nancyyeager542 at comcast.net <mailto:nancyyeager542 at comcast.net>

Phone:  703-283-2524.

Nancy Yeager