[NFBV-Winchester] Phone interview with Mausam Mahta, Amy Barns scholarship

Chris Walker chrisvinson1 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 24 18:33:20 UTC 2021

Hello Chapter members,
Please join us tomorrow morning at 10 AM, Monday, January 25 to interview Mausam regarding the Amy Barns scholarship in the amount of $1000.
We will give her the opportunity to speak to the chapter regarding her studies and her goals. You also have opportunities to ask questions.
Below is a little bio of what she sent me for your review. We will be using the Virginia zoom link and phone number
Hi Chris!
I wanted to send over a quick note about my studies in follow-up to our conversation about the Winchester Chapter academic scholarship.

I am currently in my 3rd year at the University of Virginia, studying commerce with concentrations in information technology and management.
I am also picking up a minor in Latin, because I have been so captivated with the language and culture, and… why not?
During my time at UVA, I have gotten the chance to engage with a diverse range of disciplines, as I was not guaranteed admission to the McIntire School of Commerce due to its competitive nature. I am grateful that I am studying something I am genuinely interested in, and I believe the work to reach this point was well worth it, but I am also glad I was able to explore other aspects of the liberal arts in my first 2 years of undergrad.

I am interested in a career in product development, particularly from the user experience perspective. I want to be a part of the development of solutions; the power of technology has the potential to change so many lives, as we can all attest to.
That being said, I am currently employed by UVA as an auditor of accessibility for academic systems.

I hope to use my commerce degree to work with companies or organizations to start meaningful projects, but also with the vision that the end product will be universally available to all users.

Please let me know if I can provide any more information, and thank you for your consideration in this opportunity.
Warmly,
Mausam

Mausam Mehta
University of Virginia Class of 2022
B.S. Commerce

Chris Walker
President  Winchester Chapter,
Diversity and Inclusion Co-Chair
chrisvinson1 at gmail.com
540.303.0080
www.nfb.org
www.nfbv.org
The National Federation of the Blind is a community of members and friends who believe in the hopes and dreams of the nation’s blind. Every day we work together to help blind people live the lives they want

https://zoom.us/j/8297256345?pwd=SFAyamlQNU44ZTJ6dUZNMTV4RmhCQT09

Phone number, meeting ID
301 715 8592 meeting ID
8297256345