[NFBV-Winchester] In Lou of the chapter meeting in October, blind equality achievement and white cane awareness day in collaboration with the Lions club

Chris Walker chrisvinson1 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 22 07:19:31 UTC 2021

Chapter members and friends,
We will not be holding a chapter meeting scheduled for October 16. Instead we will be collaborating with the Lions host on the walking mall to coincide with blind equality achievement and white cane Awareness day.
This event will take place from 10 AM to 2 PM in front of the Presbyterian Church down by the kids fountain. We will have a table along with our banner, brochures and information and plenty of white canes. The Lions club will also have poster boards and we will be helping them fund raise.
They will also be participating in our virtual state convention on Sunday, October 31 between 2:20 PM and 2:30 PM. We will talk about the new trail at the gym Barnett Park. Tom Crosby will be representing.
We need you there to represent the chapter and the national Federation of the blind and the joint effort of the Lions Host.
I will send out more information as time gets closer. Be sure to mark your calendar's and spread the word.

Chris Walker, President  Winchester Chapter
chrisvinson1 at gmail.com
540.303.0080
www.nfb.org
www.nfbv.org

Follow us On Twitter NFBVWinchesterChapter
Find us on Facebook Winchester Chapter of the National Federation of theBlind of Virginia